A special week of prayer is happening this week up at Upper Columbia Academy featuring our very own students. During evening vespers time at the UCA Church, February 9 to 14, several students will be presenting different devotional sermonettes each night.
The week long event is an annual spiritual emphasis week in which certain students are chosen by the student body to be the speakers. The chosen ones then take several days of sermon training and go on a spiritual retreat as a group to prepare for their talk. Pastor Fred Riffle, UCA Bible Teacher, and others help the students by giving them resources to read, and teaching them techniques of story telling and sermon preparation.
The week of prayer is an evening meeting so it is not required for day students, but it’s such a highlight for the students that they usually don’t miss it. During the week the meeting begins at 6:40 p.m. but on Friday it meets at 7:30 p.m.
Everyone is welcome to attend. Here is a list of the speakers and the days they are speaking.
- Monday (6:40 p.m.) – Nathaniel Srikureja, Ronni Sue Parks, Jonathan Fitch
- Tuesday (6:40 p.m.) – Niqolas Ruud, Cassie Gonsalves
- Wednesday (6:40 p.m.) – Sarah Lehman, Ronnie Anderson
- Thursday (6:40 p.m.) – Matthew Palsgrove, Madalynn Kack
- Friday (7:30 p.m.) – Josh Enjati, Aleece Cazan, Bailey Anderson
- Sabbath (11:00 a.m.) – Jairo Lopez, Katie Miller, Dakota Maura